I mentioned the smoothies that I make for the boys and a few people wanted to know how I make them. First of all, those Cuisinart smart stick hand blenders make the task much easier. I love using that thing! So, for the smoothies I just use:
- 1 banana (makes it thicker)
- 3 or 4 heaping spoonfuls yogurt (I use Trader Joe's low fat organic strawberry)
- Fresh juice of 1 or 2 oranges
- fresh strawberries
- frozen mango chunks (Trader Joe's- dang good in there!)
- 1 raspberry & vanilla cream bar (again Trader Joe's)
- big handful of fresh spinach
I use whatever other fresh berries I have. I like fresh raspberries. I don't like frozen raspberries too much because it makes the smoothie taste like freezer burn. Sometimes I add a splash of peach juice. That's it! Nothing tricky.
5 comments:
Byron made a tasty smoothie last week with frozen cherries, strawberries, blueberries, avocado, yogurt, banana, and ice (and flaxseed and dried apricots:-)...it was delish, too! I'm going to try yours tomorrow! Thanks for the recipe!
yummmm :)
Ooh that sounds yummy! We made some smoothies this am for breakfast but we'll have to try your recipe!
RAD. Thanks, Wendy!!:) These sound delicious! And what is this raspberry and vanilla cream bar you speak of?? LIke a popsicle? you are so fancy;)
Cant wait to try it! My kids and I ALL LOVE smoothies:)
oh p.s.. LOVE the snout cups!!!
Post a Comment