June 1, 2010

little guy

I've been meaning to update on the little guy for some time now. Loch is 9 1/2 months. He army crawls all over the place. He gets up on his knees just to try it out but then moves around on his belly. He looks like a little caterpillar. He only pushes himself forward with one foot. The other foot is usually crossed over the one doing the work.
Loch has two teeth... that he used to bite my shoulder this evening- very sharp! He sprouted the first one at the end of April. He loves eating! Foods that he eats frequently include: mango, kiwi, grapes, watermelon, cherries, raspberries, pears, prunes, squash, peas, green beans, avocado, chicken, kidney beans, cheerios, carrots, and bread. He won't let me take a bite of anything without something going into his mouth.
We went to a Padres game shortly after Loch learned to clap at the beginning of April. He had lots of ladies turning around watching him instead of the game. He kind of says, "Yay!" when he does it. It's so cute! He's quite a momma's boy too. He wants to be near me, if not in my arms, at all times while we're at home. The boys love smoothies! It's great because I've perfected them- they're dang good and healthy. I have to omit the strawberries when I know Loch is going to have some. (I always add spinach which actually tastes good and Porter chugs it down.)
Loch weighed 18.1 lbs at his 9 month doctor visit- 13th percentile. And he measured 27 1/2"- 25th percentile. Just a little guy. Matt and I both love when he cuddles up and lays his head on our shoulder. When Loch takes a bath, he likes to lay on his back and kick both legs at the same time. The water just flies and I'm usually soaked by the time the bath is over. He does that same kick sometimes when we toss him in the air so he looks like a little fish flopping. He was doing the fish flop and making some fish noises with his lips the other day and it was pretty funny.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

He looks like a mini-Wendy. A "mindy" :)

TheGefrom5 said...

SOOO Darling!! Angel baby:)

Umm...what are these perfected smoothies you speak of?? Do tell!

joanna wilde said...

So cute! So the smoothies...
Perfecting healthy green smoothies was one of my goals for the summer, but if you've already done the task, mind passing it on!? ;-)