June 28, 2010

sick

Well, the boys are almost back to their healthy selves. Porter got sick two weeks ago and had fevers up to 105.3. I took him to the doctor thinking he had strep. The quick test was negative and the doctor said, "He probably just has a sore throat that is going around. If he still has high fevers in two days, bring him back." He did, so I did. A different doctor looked in the computer to see that the culture was positive and he had strep. Thanks for the call. He also had a stiff neck and wasn't turning his head. As a precaution, they had us take him to the hospital to rule out meningitis. Several hours later, it was strep, an ear infection and swollen lymphs in his neck. He just has a lingering cough now. I hate when my little guys are sick!
We found Porter in his room busy reading. I wish this picture wasn't blurry. We went to the park a few weeks back for family "home" evening. Porter wanted to get out of the house so we grabbed his golf clubs (someday we'll get him a real set) and a mini football and headed out. This little guy's hair is so soft and fluffy and he gets the funniest bedhead. I don't know what to do with it. It's all different lengths and I don't really want to cut it because I don't know that it would look any better. I think the short parts just need to be longer. Hmm. Loch is crawling so fast now and pulls himself up on everything. His has a nice collection of bruises on his forehead and cheeks from falling. He's getting better about getting back down now. He still eats a ton everyday. He says "mama" and "dada" and cracks us up imitating what we say or noises we make. He waves and has started pointing at things. We took the boys to see Toy Story 3 the day it came out. It was awesome! Matt says it's his favorite of the three. Porter was a little out of it because he had a fever. Loch kept wanting to stand on my lap to face backward. He thought everyone in the theater behind us was looking at him and he had the biggest smile on his face. He kept laughing and I saw him waving a few times.
Random picture. Porter has been doing great using the toilet. I have found this little guy cuddling with his bunny several times and I wanted to get a picture. The flash was a little too bright.

No comments: