
The other day was a little nuts. The morning was busy. I was trying to get things organized and cleaned up. In the early afternoon I called my mother-in-law to get details about our new baby neice, Audrey, and Porter thought it was a great time to experiment. He was quietly coloring with some twistable colored pencils. After a 5 minutes or so, he came up to me and said, "Mommy I have a bug in my nose." I was on the phone so I just said okay (side note: he refers to boogers and bugs). He then says, "It feels like it's crawling in my nose." I looked up there and saw a bright red dot and then my eyes drifted down to see a bright red colored pencil in his hand. I quickly realized he twisted the color up and then shoved the pencil up his nose and broke it off inside. Loch was napping, so I snuck into his room to grab a bulb syringe. I came back and Porter had his finger shoved up his nose. I got off the phone and laid him down to get a look. The colored pencil lead was nowhere to be found. I looked in his nose for a while with a flashlight and everything. I kept asking him if it came out and he said no. I searched the ground and couch everywhere hoping to find the piece. I was worried he may have shoved it all the way up there.
After a while, I called the doctor. When they called me back, they told me to take him to the ER where they would sedate him so they could check it out. I said no thanks. I didn't want to put him through all of that if it probably fell out. The girl called me back 10 minutes later and said since I wasn't going to take him to the ER, she wanted me to bring him in to the doctor. I took him in and the doctor looked for 2 seconds and said, "Oh I don't see anything. It probably fell out." Thank you, so glad I could come in and pay your bills.
I came home and noticed that our recycle can wasn't emptied by the recycle truck for the third time. The dude doesn't wait for the junk to fall out. I saw that a trash guy was coming on the other side of the street. So I grabbed the box from the top, thinking that may have been part of the reason the stuff couldn't fall out, and scampered across the street to stuff the box inside the neighbors can. I had Loch in my arms so I had to lift the lid carefully. Upon opening the can I discovered it was filled to the brim and right on top there were thousands of questionable black, thick, curly hairs. Just sitting there. Not covered. There is a lady who lives there... and her two college age sons. And not only that, I had opened the lid, shoved the box in, discovered the hair, and encountered a light breeze all at the same time! Can you guess what happened? The nasties all started flying my way and the box wouldn't let the lid close so they just kept coming! It would have been disgusting enough if it were just me, but I had my sweet little baby in my arms. I got inside my house and set Loch down so I could scrub the first layer on skin off my hands and arms. I looked down and saw several hairs on my shirt. I went in my room and ripped the shirt off (and wanted to burn it.) After a little while, I called Cheryl back so I could let her know how Porter was doing. I had Loch in my arms and while I was on the phone I looked down and saw a few of the little black hairs stuck in Loch's shirt. Needless to say, I had to go clean my baby. Yikes!
2 comments:
Oh, Wendy. Funny/gross story! I hope you didn't inhale and didn't get the wiggly wogs stuck in your nose! Suddenly I feel a little like puking. :)
im sorry i didnt read this earlier!!;) thats gross. I forgot to tell you mt bro had a pomegranate seed stuck up his nose for a few days!! Gross! glad porters ok now:)
Post a Comment