May 17, 2010

three

Happy Birthday, Porter! Our little guy is three today! Matt and I love watching our little ones grow. It's amazing to see how much they change and all the new things they learn everyday. We celebrated Porter's birthday with a cowboy party on Saturday. Everything turned out great and Porter had tons of fun with his buddies. When we sang to him he had the biggest, sweetest smile on his face. When the song ended he said, "Thank you!" He blew out all his candles on his first try. I put some horses and other animals on the cupcakes. I had a cat that I wasn't going to use but apparently it was Porter's favorite. He got to put it on the cupcake and that was the one he picked to eat. He takes after me with his love of chocolate. He'll pick chocolate over any treat. He was thoroughly enjoying the ganache on the top of his cupcake and when he got down to the cake part, he kind of crumpled it up and sprinkled it on the table. He grabbed a new cupcake and turned around to my dad and said, "Um you can have that one," pointing to the mess of chunks and crumbs on the table. Macy liked the chocolate too. My mom gathered all the little tots in a circle to tell them a story. I decided it was a good time to pass out mustaches. The Gefrom chaps came dressed the part- complete with stick horses. It was too cute! We had BBQ chicken sandwiches, watermelon, potato salad, coleslaw, chips, tzatziki & pita chips/bread, veggies, lemonade, cookies and cupcakes. We decorated cowboy cookies. Porter just wanted to stand there and eat the chocolate. The kids played pin the spur on the boot. Amy made a CD for us with a bunch of cowboy songs. It was perfect. Each kid got to take home a burlap sack with a harmonica, licorice rope, sheriff badge, and rootbeer barrels. I also make a cowboy kerchief for the kids. Loch with his great-grandmas. Thank you to everyone who came to share Porter's special day! Thanks Mom & Dad and Kirk & Cheryl for all you help! We had so much fun!
Porter woke up to this today... I couldn't wait for him to go to bed last night so I could set it up. Grandma Cheryl got him the stove and Grandma Sherry got him the microwave and apron. I love it! Porter was so excited. He has already make beef stew, spaghetti and eggs: ) Happy birthday to our sweet, imaginative, thoughtful, sensitive little fellow! We love you, Porter!

9 comments:

Chessa said...

Happy birthday Porter! You're one awesome cowboy!

Carlee said...

That looks like a pretty awesome party. I love the kitchen set. Where is it from?

wer said...

The kitchen set is by Plan Toys. You can find all the pieces on amazon.com

The Garlock's said...

What a fun theme, everything turned out so cute!

heidi said...

Ok seriously girl you went all out!!! What an adorable party and all the details, I mean come on! So wish we could have celebrated with you guys. Talk soon. Heidi

TheGefrom5 said...

Oh WENDY!! That party was so fun...but i am still wiping the tears out of my eyes at the pictures of Brielle and your moms with the staches!!! They look hilarious! definietly a good touch:) And thank you, as well, for providing my THREE children with THREE harmonicas. ALL of which they love, and ALL of which i HATE! Ok, just kidding:) They toot thosse things nonstop and create "beautiful music". event he baby!
But thank you for such a cute and thought out party. You are an amazing gal. I am all about the details and i don't think you missed one! Great party:)

skt said...

Oh man, those birthday party details are crazy cool. I love them all! Especially the cupcakes + stand. Porter looks so cute in his cowboy bib.

Heather said...

WOW! I'm so impressed. What a great cowboy party. Porter looks SO happy!! Happy Birthday Porter!! :)

Erin Jane said...

Wow! This party looks AWESOME! Next time you throw a party like that I am coming! I will walk to San Diego from Portland if I have to!