We have some catching up to do. This post is taking me too long because I try to work on it while both boys are napping. Porter doesn't like naps anymore but still really needs them so we are in that difficult transition right now. He is growing up and loves to be independent. Matt and I took him to Seaport Village last Saturday so he could fly his kite for the first time. He loved it. He also enjoyed chasing birds and climbing trees.

In the tree with a mouth full of sandwich.


There is a guy that sets up there all the time with a bunch of different birds and he comes and sets the bird on your shoulder. Porter was pretty nervous but really excited to hold them. The look on his face was so funny. He didn't want to look at the bird but couldn't wait to go back when we were done packing up our picnic to pick another one to hold.

We got ice cream and he rode the carousel too. There was a man playing some music and Porter kept setting his ice cream cone down so he could applaud him. He is so thoughtful.



I thought of Forrest Gump when I took this picture.

Porter broke out with some funky spots all over his arms, legs and face last weekend. We called them his cool cheetah spots so he didn't freak out at the doctor. They didn't seem to bother him. He wasn't scratching them. The doctor had no clue what they were because we couldn't think of anything new that he was exposed to (food or environment wise). They started Friday, got a little worse Saturday and were pretty much gone by Sunday night. The only thing she could think of was that his body may have been reacting to a cold he had a few weeks before.

We have been working on potty training with Porter. He doesn't really want to use the toilet. He pooped on the carpet twice. I'll spare you the pictures.

Porter hates when Matt leaves for work. He wants to go with him. So everyday we go outside (in our pajamas with bedheads) to watch Matt leave so Porter can say bye.

Lochlan tried rice cereal for the first time about two weeks ago. It was too cute! He was latching onto the spoon to suck it out. He has since enjoyed carrots and squash with his rice cereal.


He is such a good baby. I'm still amazed at how sweet he is. We went to Sea World today with some friends and my mind was elsewhere as I was running around getting everything ready to go. After driving for a few minutes I had to turn around and make sure that I didn't forget Loch because he was just silent in his car seat.


I can just hear Woody, "It's written right on the box, 'ages three and up!'"

Matt and I painted our dining room/ kitchen and hall area a few weekends ago. Porter got to spend the night at Grandma Cheryl's house while we were painting. It looks much better! We wanted to lighten it up a bit. Here's a shot of before... don't mind the mess. There are several colors on the wall- the original color, white (where things were patched for electrical work), and two sample colors.

Here's the new color.

This is a shot of what the kitchen looked like when we bought it. It's hard to see, but notice the kitchen hardware in the middle of the cupboards.

Here's how it looks now with new lighting, paint, hardware, appliances and a potrack.

Here's a before of the laundry room... it was a piece of work.

This is during- needed some electrical work (it was an electrical nightmare as Kevin says), framing, and some plumbing.

Here's after- with new doors, paint, furnace, sink, travertine floor, appliances...

I need to take some pictures of the family room because it went through a huge transformation too! We are so grateful for Kevin and his amazing talent!!! (and my dad, greg, and conor)
4 comments:
Love the new pics/posts. Your boys are getting so big!! (and so cute!) Also love to see the pics of your house improvements. What a great job you guys are doing!! It looks amazing. :)
Good luck with the potty training. Jack's finally officially trained, and it wasn't the easiest thing. But luckily we only have wood floors, so cleaning up accidents wasn't much worse than changing diapers.
Ah, love that laundry room. You could do cartwheels in there.
oooh how fun to see pics of your new house:) Thanks for the sneek peek into your home, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and spending time with you at Sea world! Your house looks great! Nicely done:)
Post a Comment