November 16, 2009

3 months

Loch is 3 months today! We just can't get enough of the little guy. It seems like these three months passed by faster than with Porter... maybe because I was awake a lot more of the time after Porter was born. He is the sweetest baby! A little about him:
  • Has been sleeping through the night since Halloween
  • Spits up A LOT... I don't know how he has grown
  • Loves cuddling with his soft blankie
  • Loves sucking his fingers
  • First smile was at Porter... and second and third
  • Likes being swaddled and does BIG stretches every morning when I let him out
  • Has the sweetest smile
  • Occasionally starts laughing while watching me eat
Last week during sacrament meeting Loch ate a bit and so I knew the puke was coming. I got the burp cloth all ready and all the puke went straight out past the cloth and splashed on Porter. Porter looked down at his wet arm and said to himself, "ah man!" He hopped off the bench and looked at his arm again and said, "He crapped on me!" A few minutes later it happened with the same reaction from Porter. I was losing it trying not to laugh because Porter was so calm about it yet disgusted. Both my little guys are growing so much lately. Porter looks bigger and older every day. He will be 2 1/2 tomorrow. He still loves lining up his cars and a new favorite thing to do is play with Buzz Lightyear (which he pronounces "Light-here") and watch Toy Story (1 &2). He loves reading and is scared of monsters (including Monsters, Inc. and the book "I Need My Monster"). He brought me into the family room the other day and pointed to some cords in the corner and said, "Mommy, these are very sensible." I don't know exactly what he meant by that, but he has been telling me that things are sensible since then. He also says, "That'd be incredible!" when I ask him if he would like some dessert. I took some pictures of Loch in the bumbo and Porter wanted to give it a go. Matt turned 29 on the 5th. Happy Birthday, Matt! Porter was so excited to sing happy birthday and help blow out the candles. I made salmon chowder on Matt's request, and gingerbread cake. We went to Sanfilippos with Matt's family a few nights before to celebrate.

5 comments:

Erin Riley said...

that story about what porter said in sacrament meeting is hilarious! you two have the cutest boys ever!

heidi said...

The boys are adorable as ever girl! Love Porter's story about Loch crapping on him! Happy Belated B-Day Matt we should go out to dinner to celebrate soon!

Becky said...

They are just the cutest boys ever. I can't wait to see them when I come home for Christmas!

Nassari Everett said...

Your babies are so cute!

skt said...

Oh dear, that Porter cracks me up.