This past week has been great. It's so nice to have Matt home. He has been a huge help! It's going to be difficult when he goes back to work because Porter loves being with him and wants him to do everything. Lochlan is such a sweet baby! He changes every ten minutes. We are so happy he is part of our family!

Matt ant I got to bed around 11 pm Saturday night and contractions started just after midnight. They were about 5 minutes apart. I woke Matt up after a few and he was a little out of it at first. He got up and started getting things ready. I sent texts to my sisters and neither responded so I called them. They were giving me advice on what to do. I had to keep setting the phone down during contractions. I thought it would probably be a long labor since it was my first time laboring. After about an hour and a half they were already 3 minutes apart. I was trying to wait as long as I could to go to the hospital. At my last visit my doctor told me to wait until the contractions were 2 minutes apart for one hour. Matt called Cheryl and she came over to our house to stay with Porter at about 4 am. The ride to the hospital wasn't too comfortable because I couldn't recline my seat and it did not feel good having contractions sitting up... not that it's comfortable to have them in any position. I should have gone to the hospital a lot sooner because the contractions were one right after the other and it took them an hour to give me an epidural. I was dilated to a 7 and 90% effaced at that point. The epidural was amazing. I don't know how women can do it without! Loch's heart rate started to drop as the contractions weren't letting up.
They gave me a shot to slow the contractions and were telling me we were going to have to do a c-section. The doctor asked a few times, "How bad do you want a VBAC?" They wheeled me into the O.R. and continued to watch his heart rate. It stared to come back up and they brought the bed back in to go back to the delivery room. His heart rate dropped again and the doctor was going to do a c-section and decided to let me do a trial push. I didn't hear her say that, I just know all the sudden they were telling me to push and I knew it was my last chance. I pushed with everything. I almost passed out pushing so hard and was praying I wouldn't because I didn't want to wake up with an incision in my abdomen. He was out with 4 contractions of pushing and a vacuum. Kristen was there helping. Matt was awesome and so supportive the whole labor and delivery. It was comforting to have both of them there helping me through it. Kristen explained everything that was going on the whole time to keep me calm. My Mom and Shelley were in the waiting room. I was bummed they kept me in the O.R. because I really wanted them to be there with me. I was grateful that I didn't have to have another c-section. The recovery has been so much easier.

Porter checking out his baby brother. I don't have too many pictures of Porter from this past week because he has been gone on lots of "adventures" with Matt or Grandma Cheryl.

Cousin E and Loch are only three months apart... he's a big boy. We got to meet E this past week for the first time. He's an angel and a cutie!
8 comments:
He's so adorable. Holy cow, baby E is twice his size!
He is so adorable! I can't believe how much they grow, so fast. I thought Jillian was still little, till I saw these pics. He is so tiny! Can't wait to see him!!
So precious! Congratulations, I am so happy for you guys!
When Emily saw the picture of the two boys, she said, "That's a big baby and little baby." It's hard to believe those cute boys are only 3 months apart.
Wow...he is soooo preciuos. He 's beautiful. good job guys! That is very cool that you were able to tough it out and do a VBAC. I have heard it a lot easy to recover from than a c section. Not that its fun though;) I hope to see you and the new sweetheart soon! And get together when Matt and Linz come:)
Congrats!! I forget how tiny they are, althought I never really have small one's. Hope you are all having fun with your little guy!!
Congratulations on the new arrival. He is adorable and my, how Porter has grown.
Congrats Matt and Wendy on the new baby. He looks so sweet. What a relief that you didn't need to get a c-section. I had to be induced with Paul and I was very worried that I would end up with one. It's nice to see you all again (via blog this time) and I'm happy you are all doing well.
Post a Comment