Porter and I made some granola bars the other day. He had so much fun. He loved scooping everything back out of the bowl and dumping it into different measuring cups. They were delicious... especially warm out of the oven. The recipe came from Parents Magazine. Kristen made some a few weeks ago while we were at my parents and I really liked them. We switched a few things up and added almonds too.
Porter was cracking us up the other night. He said he needed his hat and put this bucket on his head and the cups on his hands.
We went to the zoo Tuesday evening. It was so nice because there was no one there. It was cool, peaceful, and quiet. Their website says it closes at 6 pm so we thought if we got there by 5 we could get in. Apparently you have to be there by 4. They let us in for some reason.
Checking out the elephants
Back when Porter was 6 months
Have I ever mentioned Porter's fetish with his belly? He loves rubbing things on his stomach and he is obsessed with belly buttons. We always caught him lifting up his shirt to rub his stomach on the Christmas tree. He lifts his shirt to rub it on Macy's head and at the zoo he decided he was going to experiment with the gorilla statues.
5 comments:
Yum, I want some more of those. The Tross does have a pretty soft tummy, I've even been the lucky recipient of some of those rubs.
Oh man I love Porter so much. He cracks me up and is so adorable. I don't want to go home on Monday....I'm gonna miss him(I'll miss you guys too).
Who hasn't lifted their shirt to rub it on a gorilla statue?!?!
He is simply hilarious! I can't wait to see you guys when I come home in a few days. How's baby brother coming along?
Those granola bars look awesome!! You'll have to send me the recipe because that's something the girls could make and would eat!! Love your pics too. Porter is a cutie! :)
Post a Comment