April 14, 2009

easter

Easter weekend was lots of fun. We had our traditional Easter egg hunt at my Grandpa Art's house. He has a perfect, beautiful yard. The kids hunted and then we had brunch. I hunted in that same yard every year when I was a tot. We had been practicing with Porter around the house. We bought plastic eggs and hid them several times so he would get the hang of it. He found lots of eggs and some cool bubbles. We had quite a large group there. Porter with his loot. This is me in the same yard checking out my loot. I think Macy was like this the whole day. She was so excited to be there. Greg and Judith Lilly and MaddynBailey and Paige Porter with his two grandmas In the afternoon, we went to Kirk and Cheryl's. Porter got to do another hunt. There were only 5 kids hunting so I think they all had fun and found lots of eggs. Porter and Brady each got bunnies from Grandma Wilde. Porter was pretty excited. He got another bunny from Grandma Cheryl and one from Grandma Riley and he loves them! He likes lining them up and has been sleeping with them and taking them places with us. It's always nice to do the egg hunt part of Easter on Saturday so we can remember the true reason for Easter on Sunday.

2 comments:

Erin Riley said...

Oh I really wish I could have been there! It looks so much fun and Porter as always looks adorable! I can't wait to see you!!!

TheGefrom5 said...

HOw fun! Your pictures of years past are adorable! Your dad was telling me about how you told bro milward to shut up in church when you were like 3 and when I was looking at your baby pics on here thats all I could picture was your sweet adorable little face saying, "shut-up." Heeehehee! :D
And I think Porter is a good mix of you both... Love your tiny baby bump!!