December 13, 2008

Christmas Traditions (Tag)

I've never really done a tag thing before, but Heidi tagged me and I thought hers was pretty cute and it was fun learning more about her.
1. Egg nog or Hot chocolate?
Hot Chocolate! I think egg nog is disgusting. I used to drink it way back when, gradually adding more and more milk to dilute it with each year that passed. Pretty soon I was leaving out the egg nog. We used to call my brother Greg, "Frog-nog" because it was "Frog-dog" but then he started guzzling all the egg nog every year.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He wraps most of them, not the large awkward ones.
3. Colored lights on a tree/house or white.
Matt just told me he prefers white on the tree. I don't have a preference for house lights, but I like when they're perfectly straight. I don't like the colored lights that include pink and blue... those just aren't Christmas to me.
4. Do I hang mistletoe?
That would be fun, but I don't have any up.
5. When do I put up my decorations?
I couldn't wait to get a tree and decorate this year. Especially because Christmas is only 4 weeks after Thanksgiving. I think we did everything the week after Thanksgiving.
6. What is my favorite holiday dish?
My Mom's Scandinavian fruit soup, Christmas Eggs, and cinnamon rolls. And a new recent favorite from the Riley side, Lefse.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I loved every Christmas! One year Greg and Kristen spent the night in my (and Shelley's) bedroom and Greg was so excited he threw up in the middle of the night on our carpet. It might have been the same year Kristen got a pet turtle and it freaked me out when I snuck out in the middle of the night to peek under the tree. I wondered why there was a stinky moving rock with a bow on it in an aquarium. As we were opening presents it kept crapping and stinking up the whole house... pretty funny.
8. When and how did I learn the truth about Santa?
I was laying next to my mom in her bed and said, "Wait a minute, reindeer can't fly!" She didn't try to deny anything. I was 22... just kidding, maybe 6 or so.
9. Do we open a Christmas gift on Christmas Eve?
When we were little we usually got pj's for Christmas and we got to open them on Christmas Eve.
10. How do I decorate our tree?
White lights and... well I guess you can see the pics in the last post.
11. Can I ice skate?
Yep. And Matt is pro, with all that hockey all those years.
12. Can I remember my favorite gift?
I got an awesome doll each year growing up. I had a few favorites. One that I loved so much it's nick name became wobbly-head because I used it so much the fabric around the head wore thin so it's head flopped around, kind of like a newborn.
13. What is the most important thing about the holidays for me?
Family and remembering the reason for Christmas.
14. What is my favorite holiday dessert?
A new one... dark chocolate covered peppermint joe-joe's. And cinnamon rolls as mentioned before.
15. What is my favorite holiday tradition?
Matt and I watch "Home Alone" every year. And we read good Christmas books like, Christmas Oranges, The Gingerbears' First Christmas, and The Last Straw.
16. What tops my tree?
Umm I'm still looking for the perfect star.
17. What do I prefer - Giving or receiving?
Come on, we all love both, but I'm always so excited for the other person to open what I got them!
18. What is my favorite Christmas song?
I love singing the Christmas hymns at church... only in December. I also like "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause" by Jackson 5.
19. Candy Canes?
What about them? They're okay... more fun to look at. My mom has a few fake ones on her tree that I love.
I tag Shelley and I want to see pics from the ultrasound!

No comments: