October 13, 2008

happy columbus day

I called Matt at work today and told him that he had the lesson tonight. We've never really done FHE before but I told him to teach Porter and I something about Columbus for fun. He came home from work for an hour or so, for dinner, and then had to go back. While I finished making dinner, he threw a lesson together and it was actually quite good. The boys were also doing this while I was in the kitchen. When I take the child locks off the cupboards, Porter thinks it's an open invitation to take whatever he wants. He grabbed the small strainer, and then came back to the kitchen to grab the larger one for Matt.I finally found a little tie for Porter to wear to church. We had to take a picture before we left because he looked too cute. He's wearing Matt's pants... from when he was two that Cheryl found the other day. We went to Grandma Wilde's house yesterday. She has some Halloween characters that play music and a skeleton that dances. Porter and Brady loved watching them. Brady had the skeleton dance down, including the laugh when the jaw opens and snaps shut over and over. It was dang cute and funny to watch him. Porter and Brady playing with Grandma Cheryl. Funny because it actually looks like Porter's head is on Popeye's body.Reading bedtime books at "Grandpa's House" as Porter calls it. I think he's their only grandchild who refers to it as Grandpa's... all the others say it's "Grandma Sherry's." The pj crew. Macy kept trying to pick on Porter by pulling his pj's off. Uncle Kevin brought this table and chairs home for Porter. He likes having lunch outside now. Thanks Kevin! Swimming with Aunt Becky. I think Porter enjoys saying her name. Jyness and Doug came over on Saturday for a visit. It was nice to meet all of the kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks like he is 5 or 6 in the tie picture.

Matt had to work on columbus day?!?! Ha Ha!

Mandy said...

i agree, portor looks like a big boy in his church clothes. what a stud!