May 29, 2008

back in san diego!

We're back in San Diego and we're all settled in. Matt graduated from law school on the 9th of May (with straight A's his third year! whoo hoo!) and then we took off to Kauai for a week with his family. We had a lot of fun! It was beautiful! Porter is 1 now! That year flew by pretty quickly. We celebrated last Friday and had the family over at our place. Porter enjoyed his cake, although he mostly just licked the frosting off his hands. He didn't quite know what to do with that large cake in front of him. Aunt Erin taught Porter a cute trick. If you ask him what a snake says, this is what he'll do...
Porter enjoyed the sand for the first time. Here are a few funny pictures of him. He was crawling toward me and face planted. He got up and had no idea what happened or what was covering his tongue. Then, he decided he kind of liked it.
We did a really cool 8 mile hike on the Na Pali coast. We hiked 2 miles down to a beach (I say "down" but the first mile was all uphill... and difficult) and then cut into a canyon and hiked another 2 up to a beautiful waterfall. We took a little dip and the water was ice cold. Matt had Porter on his back the whole way. I don't know how he did it. Porter actually fell asleep for part of the way back. Matt and I stopped for a second to take a picture and I thought I heard an animal... it was Porter snoring! *Here's new baby Macy Leigh. I was so excited that I got to fly back to SD a day early so I could be here for her birth. She is so cute and she's a really good baby! Kristen and Chris got it easy! A few shots of our new place...
*This place in Kauai has the best shave ice! They put delicious macadamia nut ice cream on the bottom. I had to go twice!

4 comments:

Troy said...

Thanks for the update, hard to believe Porter is one already. It seemed like just yesterday that Matt and 'his girlfriend' got together! Enjoy San Diego, and mostly enjoy life after school. It is a lot more fun.

jet said...

San Diego! So close, yet so far away... :)

The Garlock's said...

I'm so jealous that you all got to go to Hawaii! We loved it there and can't wait to go again sometime. Maybe when we make it out to San Diego hopefully soon we can see everyone. Porter is such a cutie and congrats to Matt on school and the great accomplishment!

Brandy said...

Cute house! and I love the beach pictures of Porter.