skip to main |
skip to sidebar
i forgot i had a blog...
This jacket was Grandpa Phil's when he was a little boy. He was also wearing a red cowboy boot that Grandpa used to kick people's shins.
Porter has been making fish-faces recently, and his new hat is too big. Makes for a hilarious picture!
Well, life has been busy lately (my excuse for not posting on here in almost two months!). Today was my last day of law school class, and that's not just for the semester! I have three finals over the next two weeks, and then I will be done for good. If only things got easier. Unfortunately, I will be studying until the end of July for the California bar exam. I hope I fall in the mere 50% that pass the exam because I know I do not want to re-take next February. The weather has been quite pleasant here in Salt Lake City as of late...until today! Yesterday was perfect. Sunny, 75 degrees, a nice breeze. It reminded me of San Diego. But I guess winter wanted one last hurrah. The temperature dropped to the thirties, the nice breeze turned into freezing gusts, and it snowed for a few hours this afternoon. Needless to say, I am looking forward to moving back to San Diego in a couple weeks.
Porter is growing up so fast. He finally cut his first tooth! Wendy noticed it Saturday and I felt it tonight for the first time when he bit down on my finger. He has been eating pretty much everything, although he is basically in love with oranges. He usually doesn't open his mouth while eating unless he is done with the previous bite, but with oranges, he'll keep opening if you hold a chunk in front of him. I guess he takes after Wendy (the love of oranges, not the stuffing the mouth full!). We have noticed a few words during the last couple weeks. He likes to say "dada" and he occasionally says"mama." He woke up in the middle of the night a couple times last week (he usually sleeps from about 8:30 at night until 7:00 in the morning) standing up in his crib yelling for us. "Dada....dada...mama!" It will be nice to have a second bedroom in our new house! He also says "ba" while playing with his squishy San Diego Padres baseball. He'll pick it up and chuck it across the room and then crawl at top speed to pounce on it. We're also excited to move to our new house because our apartment is not very baby-proof. Porter gets into everything within reach that he shouldn't touch while ignoring the things he is allowed to play with. Yesterday, Wendy let him play on our laptop on a baby website. One minute later he came crawling over to her. She picked him up, walked back to the computer and noticed the "M" key was missing! She frantically started searching for it under the couch and pillows, thinking he may have eaten it. Luckily she found it. But even with all the midnight yelling, the explorations into the wastebasket under the desk, and the attempt break the computer, Porter is so fun. When I get home from school he'll sometimes drop whatever he's doing and speed-crawl to me and sit down on my foot until I pick him up. Wendy is always saying how he is a daddy's boy, because he cries when I leave a room and reaches for me when I walked next to him when he is in Wendy's arms. Plus he says "dada" so much. I have no idea what the deal is. Maybe he now sees Wendy as primarily a source of food, whereas I primarily supply book-reading and toy-playing!
Here's a couple pictures from the past month, including Easter last month in San Diego. We were fortunate that my spring break lasted until Easter Sunday.
Porter found four eggs during the hunt. We went home with only three and wondered who took the fourth. It wasn't until we uploaded pictures on the laptop that we caught cousin Emily in the act...
Paige, Olive, Emily, and Porter checking out their Easter goodies.
Porter's first haircut. Thanks Amy.
Up close and personal with the dolphins at Sea World.
1 comment:
Hallo Porter! Thanks for the update and all the pics, he is getting so big.
50% pass rate, not to shabby, considering most actuarial exams are 40%. Good luck!!!
Post a Comment