July 21, 2011

baby

They're saying it's a GIRL!!! I turned my head back and said, "it's a girl" to my mom and Cheryl and my mom yelled. I turned my head back to the screen and had a few tears in my eyes (a clue to me that it probably is a girl- because I cry at everything). The tech looked at me and said, "Are you okay?" I was thinking umm, don't you work with pregnant ladies all the time?
I said, "Looks like a girl but I'll believe it when I see her." And the ultrasound tech said, "It's 100% a girl." That was a little more reassuring. I studied what ultrasounds of girls look like so I was excited to see the "three white lines" when she first looked at the gender. Porter kept saying that he thought it was a girl and he wanted a baby sister. Kristen asked him today and it was the first time he said he wanted a brother. Macy promptly interrupted and said, "No it's a girl!" She insisted from the beginning that I have a baby girl in my "tummy" and that her name should be Zuba.

11 comments:

TheGefrom5 said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! WENDY!!! I'm so excited for you and matt! What awesome news! Congratulatons to you all, now my baby Connor will have a little girl to woo. Watch out!;)

Bring on the pink and princesses! (I know many a parent who have tried to resist it, but in the end, the little girls can't help but falling in love with it;)

Congrats!!xoxo

Carlee said...

So, so exciting Riley family. Two boys and a girl is so the thing to have. Zuba... you might have to pull the adult card and name her yourself though.

joanna wilde said...

Congrats, how exciting! Now you can make some cute little girl projects and crafts! (Wendy that is. I guess you could too Matt if your heart so desires. ;-) )

Lindsay K. said...

Oh!!! I am so excited for you guys! Girls are so fun and a little dramatic too, but it is so worth it.

Wendie said...

Oh Wendy, I'm so happy you are having a girl. I can't for Zuba to arrive. Had I known Macy was so creative at names, we would have asked her for suggestions for Dane.

Chessa said...

Wahoo! Another girl in the mix! I know after having 2 boys I welcomed the change! And she will be loved and doted on by her older brothers and will have Matt whipped:-)..and I think Macy's choice of name is hysterical...but Zuba might have to be left for a doll....ha ha! Congratulations!

Heather said...

Congrats Wendy!!! We are so excited for Zuba to join your family. ;) Haha! Remember Bailey and all her lists? (She still keeps a list in her phone.) So excited for you.

Kristen said...

I'm SO happy for your girl!!! Mine is full of sass, but I wouldn't want to live life without her. Does this mean no more yellow and white dresses for me?

Tiffany + Drew said...

Congrats on another little one. Girls are so fun!!

Nassari Everett said...

Congrats Wendy!!! That is so exciting!

Troy said...

One word: Spoiled.

And Matt, double your clothes budget.