May 17, 2011

it's a bird... it's a plane... it's...

Superporter!
Porter is 4 today! Matt took a few hours off this morning and we planned to go to the zoo. Since it was raining, we decided to go to the Museum of Man (free Tuesday). The kids played in the children's area for a while. Then we went to the muesum of photography and took our picture in the photo booth. Porter has requested pizza for dinner tonight so the dough is rising. We celebrated Porter's birthday on Saturday with a superhero party. It was awesome! Everything turned out great. We invited a few of his buddies and since it was at our house we decided to keep it small. It was so much fun putting together all the details. I found a few ideas online and came up with a few of my own. I made a backdrop and masks for all the little ones. This picture cracks me up every time I look at it. The masks were all pretty much kid size and Matt's right eye is almost pinched shut. The mask is pulled pretty tight so it has a crease that looks like mad marks above his nose. He was saying that it felt like his contact was going to come out. I made a cape and shirt for Porter. He wanted a tiger on his cape. We served mac n cheese, corn on the cob, fruit, veggies, and carrot cake cupcakes... all per Porter's request. I made a garland out of comic books. I blew up a picture poster size and made a border out of comic books. The kids each got to take home a bag with superhero pop, punch balloon, spider man fruit snacks, mask, and ring pop. I made these superhero tootsie pops. We played surprise ball. We played music and passed around this "ball". When the music stopped, the kid holding the ball got to unwrap it until they found a surprise. I think the tots were a tad young for the game but it was still fun. My mom made a super cute balloon wreath. Happy birthday to my sweet little guy! Porter you are such a character and so much fun to play with. You have a silly imagination and I love to hear what you're thinking. I can't imagine my life without you. I love you!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Porter!!! Looks like you had an AMAZING day! :) (great job, Wendy!!)

The Jones Family said...

Gee whiz, if you do that much when he's four what are you going to do when he turns 14? Looks like lots of fun was had by all.

heidi said...

Thanks for the party ideas girl! I love all the details and the balloon wreath so cute! Matt's mask was pretty hilarious! Miss ya like crazy! Those boys are adorable!