Loch is 19 months now so he has been able to go to nursery. He freaks out when I leave him and doesn't stop crying. His face turns bright red and he doesn't breath right. I have been staying in there with him but he's usually glued to my lap. Hopefully he warms up soon. His 18 month stats were weight: 24 lbs 3 oz (27th percentile) and height: 31 1/2" (28th percentile). He's still a little guy. He loves running around copying Porter. He would live outside if he could. He's so cuddly and gives lots of kisses. He has an ear-piercing, high pitch scream that he does all the time! I mentioned that they love tic-tacs. He wants one as soon as we get into the car and then screams the rest of the way if I don't give him another. Yikes.
Porter gave his first talk in primary last Sunday. They called his name and he got right up and walked up and stood in front. He looked so handsome in his little black suit. Matt helped him give his talk. He spoke clearly and did such a good job! He spoke about prophets.
The other morning Porter was eating a banana and I heard him say, "I'm a monkey. I just get dressed every morning."
I've been working on a few projects around the house lately. We put some cabinets and a shelf up in the laundry room which is awesome because it makes a lot more storage space.
I hung a few shelves above Porter's bed. They're actually spice racks from Ikea. I saw the idea here and thought it was great. Porter loves it. I'm going to paint the shelves this week. I really need to paint Porter's room soon but I know it's going to be a huge project.
Matt just finished reading Stuart Little to Porter. Now they're reading The Borrowers.
We moved the kitchen stuff into Porter's room after the flood but I think Loch plays with it the most.
I packed up some dinner and picked Matt up from work yesterday and we headed to the zoo. It was nice and empty but so were most of the enclosures. It was still an enjoyable evening.
Porter inherited a batman cape from Brennan. He thinks he's pretty awesome.
These two babies are so sweet! I want to hold them right now!
I baked bread for the first time on Monday. It was delicious. I decided that it would be great if I just baked our bread every week. I don't know whether this is good or bad because I am a bread addict so I will consume more than I normally would but it's so good! I got the recipe here from a friend we knew in Salt Lake. It's really easy!


6 comments:
Glad he is enjoying the cape...its awesome. Love those cute sweaters, too. I still love when my boys wear sweaters! Though, they don't have snappy cardigans...might have to look for those:-)
Thanks for baking my bread. I'm always happy when people try it, because it's such an awesome recipe. Paul is almost the same size as Lachlan, which is funny because I think Jack and Porter were about the same size too (and much bigger). I love the old cardigans too. I'm such a sucker for a little boy in a cardigan and I buy them all the time at the thrift store. San Diego looks so wonderful in all your posts. Hopefully some day we'll come visit.
I'm going to have to try that bread recipe this week. I think we're going to start baking our own bread, too. I love all the pictures of the boys. We have a little boy in nursery who is inconsolable when he realizes his mom leaves. And he'll be 2 in a couple weeks. Hopefully Loch starts to enjoy nursery soon!
Found your blog! Want to be your friend!
Hey Wend! I love that book shelf idea, I so want to do that and I love your new cupboards in your laundry room!
Post a Comment