February 9, 2011

lately

I've been lazy about posting recently. In my December post I mentioned a roof leak (above the laundry room) and Kevin came to the rescue and fixed the minor leak. The next day, Matt and I got home at about the same time in the evening. Matt went into the laundry room to make sure it was dry and the floor was wet on the other side next to the wall. We searched all around to see where the water may have been coming from. We got some towels and dried it all up. Matt went into the office to use the computer and felt that it was wet. He thought he had possibly tracked in some water from the laundry room. He removed his slippers and then walked into the office and saturated his socks. He yelled, "Wendy!" Our office flooded... it's also our storage room. So, we started emptying the whole room. Loch was running back and forth getting into everything. Matt called Cheryl and she came right over with a truckload of towels and watched the boys while we cleaned up. I called my Dad and my parents came by to help out. Dang, I'm glad we have family close by!!! We also had to pull the carpet up along the back wall in the family room so the whole house was pretty torn up for Christmas.
Matt got in a car accident last month. It was a three car pile up with Matt's car in front. His back was hurting him immediately. He's fine now. The repairs were a headache to deal with. Luckily it wasn't his fault and no one was seriously injured.
Loch had double ear infections. I had some bumps on my hands and some pain in my toes. I went to the dermatologist and they did a biopsy. Turns out I have lymphocytic vasculitis. Random.
We're all happy and well now. Loch got his first (official) haircut (Jan 29th). We just trimmed it because he's just too darn cute with long hair. Porter was a champ and just stood patiently waiting. Loch is looking more like a big boy. His hair grows so fast so we'll probably have to cut it short pretty soon. We went to the lake and the boys fed the ducks after a little jog. Porter really wanted to run with me so I let him and he's quite the runner. I just kept laughing at his cute little body sprinting next to me. He was determined. And yes, Loch is in the lake. Porter got to move to sunbeams this year and he in enjoying it more. The first few weeks he said it was too long. He said, "I had to go to two classes!" Matt was at a friends house and they asked him what his favorite part of primary was and he said, "Going home." He has a great teacher and I think he's getting used to the long duration: ) Aunt Shelley made the boys capes for Christmas! They are so cute! I love them and they wear them everywhere. They were playing in the hall together the other day and giggling up a storm- I had to grab the camera. I got Porter a vintage fisher price camera for Christmas. He likes doing his own little "photo shoots" around the house. We took a trip to the zoo with my mom and Macy recently. The kids loved it as always! I made this onesie for Kristen's baby boy. I can't wait for his arrival!

1 comment:

skt said...

I love that picture of loch standing next to the planter. He looks like such a big boy.