October 30, 2010

trick or treat

Who could deny these two little munchkins treats?! This year, while debating costume ideas, we put Loch's pj's on him and thought, "All we have to do is make his hair a little blue and he's done! Thing 1!" Porter didn't want to be a Thing with Loch. Instead, he wanted to be the main man- Cat in the Hat. So, we decided to have Matt be Thing 1 and Loch Thing 2. My mom made Loch a super cute reversible trick or treat bag! I was a hot air balloon. Getting the 'do ready. Loch: "Hey that looks pretty cool. I think I could do that..." "Let me try..." The first event we attended was the annual Wilde Halloween Party. There were so many cool costumes- it was awesome. The second event was our ward Halloween carnival. Porter had fun taking pictures. He was pulling some funny faces. Our third event was Matt's work party. Porter did some trick-or-treating on three floors. At first he was shy and when we asked him to say thank you he said, "That's impossible!" A lot of people just left out a bowl of candy so they could go upstairs to the party. That made Porter warm up a bit more. By the end he wasn't afraid to go up to people and get treats. He got SO much candy! His bag was almost getting too heavy for him to carry. I think he has already forgotten about the stash. Last night Matt and I went to Chad and Jeri's party. It's a kid-less event so Cheryl watched the boys for us. I don't remember the last time we were around friends without kids! It was so nice to finish conversations and not have to run off every five seconds because a kid was getting into something or going to hurt themselves or someone else.
Since the boys weren't with us, Matt's costume wouldn't have made sense. So, I borrowed a bolt from my mom to go "through" Matt's neck and made him Frankenstein. Only one more Halloween event to go: )

1 comment:

Troy said...

A little too much candy for Matt? Looking soft around the middle...