
My baby turned one! We celebrated Loch's birthday a day early. We had lots of family in town for Kevin and Sara's wedding. Everything turned out great and I think the little guy enjoyed himself... especially eating his own chocolate cake.

The guest of honor.

Here are a bunch of pictures of Loch eating his cake. I love watching babies eat their first birthday cake.
"How dare you put a huge piece of chocolate with a ball of fire on top just out of my reach."

"Three seconds later- with drool coming down my chin..."

"Which layer do I eat first?"


"...once it hits your lips, it's just so good!"

He had a few helpers. After the cake was all gone, plate licked, Porter turned to look at us with a big chocolaty mouth and asked, "Where did all of Lochlan's cake go?"

Yes, I took a chocolate hand to the cheek. The expressions in this shot are great. Chris captured it perfectly.

Loch took his first step on August 6th. He looked down after and thought, "Wait a minute! I'm not holding on to anything." Then he dropped to the ground and crawled. He took two steps at his party between his two grandmas.

His 1 year stats were: weight 20 lbs 5 oz= 15th percentile, height 29 inches=25th, head circumference 18 inches=32nd. He has 4 teeth. He is such a fun, goofy little guy! He gets giggly and delirious when he's tired. He's so cuddly. I love when he lays on my shoulder and tucks his little arms into his body. He cracks us up when he randomly busts up laughing. He let out a few laughs at Kevin and Sara's wedding just at the right moments and I couldn't help but laugh. A few things he loves include: baths, being outside, digging in the dirt, his big brother, birds, airplanes, climbing, books, unrolling toilet paper, emptying the hall closet and pushing a piece of the vacuum all over the house. We love him so much and are grateful he is part of our family!
1 comment:
Iwantsomeofthatcake pleasecanIhavesomeofthatcake thatcakelookssogood. UUUUUUUUUUUUh.
Post a Comment