July 20, 2009

hot

It has been too hot lately. We tried buying a portable AC but since there's not a window in our house where it can fit, it doesn't work too well. There are tons of pictures in this post because I haven't posted in a while. Porter has been swimming at Grandma Cheryl's a few times and once with some of his cousins at Josh and Brandy's house. A lizard decided to join us the other day... in our house. It wasn't the first time that happened. The screen door is a little too high off the ground and they just run right in. I'm always relieved, after seeing a dark thing flash by out of the corner of my eye, that it's not a mouse. I decided since Porter got a bug catcher from Grandma Sherry, and because it was a tiny baby lizard, we would catch him. Porter was so excited! His face lit up when I handed him the bug catcher. Matt took Porter outside a few hours later after dinner to let him go so "he could find dinner before it got dark." Here are a few shots from the beach on the 4th of July. Brennan let crabs crawl all over him. We went to the zoo last week. The new elephant odyssey is pretty cool. They have so many new animal exhibits. I think Porter would love to go to the zoo everyday. Porter and Macy were watching the orangutans wrestle and decided they wanted to do a little wrestling themselves. We had a picnic at the park Saturday. Porter played a little round of golf and enjoyed using Matt as his bed. Porter has been a sweet boy lately. Matt and I love listening to him talk and seeing how his language is developing more and more everyday. He says things like, "Oh that'd be a good idea," when we ask him questions. His "boo nigh-night" is his little blue blanket-- the other day he said, "Oh boo nigh-night, you're my best friend," as he was cuddling with it. Another time he kept cuddling up to my leg and saying "aww." When I asked him what he was doing he said, "Aww, just loving you." He loves his cars (most of which are figurines from the Cars movie) and he spends lots of time everyday lining them up. He loves puzzles and books. I love when he sings. His most frequent songs are abc's, twinkle twinkle, "I can move it move it" (he just likes that line), Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, "Bitsey bitsey bider," the caterpillar song, sticky sticky bubble gum, baby bumble bee, and most recently I love to see the temple and Families can be together forever. His favorite foods these days include mac-n-cheese, kidney beans, avocado, applesauce, quesadillas, hummus, "strawbabies," and fruit snacks. Although, he told the doctor his favorite is carrots. He weighed in at 27 lbs 10 oz at his wellness visit last week (a little over a pound less than 2 weeks before when he wasn't feeling well). He is 38th percentile for weight, 70th for height, and 99th for head circumfrence. One more month until the baby is expected to arrive.

5 comments:

skt said...

I did a double take of Porter under the elephant's legs. And you're all baby fo sho. Good night. I love that pic of you under the pier.

Erin Riley said...

i love all the pictures and the update. i miss you all so much. hopefully i'll be able to come home soon after the baby is born to see you all. i love you guys

Brandy said...

Love the Daddy and son pics they look so sweet. It was so fun having you guy's out to swim. Any time you can't take the heat and want to come up let me know.

Troy said...

99% percentile! Nice. It appears that Numero Dos is equally big headed!

Kristen said...

I don't get the "big headed" part about "numero dos." But anyway, those are some great pictures. See, I don't have to post because you include so many pics of my girl.I can't wait to hang out as soon as these germs are gone! I love the lizard in the bug catcher.