
We are a week into Porter's 2 week swim class. He loves it! He loves doing the motor boat song and getting dunked at the end. He also likes when he gets to pick a toy. He tosses it and then swims after it... with my help of course. He's learning to kick on his back and stomach, do "monster arms", crab walks (when they hold onto the wall and move sideways), and blow bubbles. They also do fun songs. Maybe by the end of the summer he'll be able to swim alone. Kristen and Macy are in the class with us. Also our friends Tara and Ava. It's so cute when they kick their little chubby legs.

Porter got a haircut the other day. He was excited to go to Amy's work. We put a DVD player on his lap so he would hold still. I think he looks pretty cute.


We have been keeping busy lately. We went to the zoo several times since our last post and to Sea World once. When we were leaving Matt asked Porter if he had fun and he said, "I love Sea World." He has been cracking us up lately. He saw a girl with a huge tattoo on her shoulder the other day and said, "Oh Mommy, Oh!" I asked what and he said, "Paint!" I looked up and saw the tattoo and Porter said, "Wash it off!" He saw an old man at Costco who looked like Miyagi. He had long thin white hair coming off his chin and Porter said, "Oh Mommy! I saw Santa!" I couldn't help but laugh.


He spent the night at Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Kirk's house last night. He had so much fun! He loves going over there and always has a little agenda of things he wants to do... including play with Ginger (their dog), pick berries from grandma's garden, play with cars, read books and this time he got to go swimming too. I had fun as well. I went and got some dinner with my parents and then we saw "The Proposal". It was a good chick-flick. I slept in and stayed in bed a while reading a book. It was so nice. When Cheryl dropped Porter off, she gave us a quilt that she finished making for Porter. It's so cute! I love all the animals that she made. Here are a few pictures of it.
3 comments:
Aw all the pictures are so cute. You two sure made one good looking kid, I'm sure this next one is going to be just as adorable!! I think my favorite picture is the one right after when he was getting his hair cut, too cute. I hadn't seen the finished quilt, it looks so good! I hope you're doing well, I miss you guys
That little dude is so cute during swimmy lessons. "Porter, what's you favorite part of swimming lessons?" "Um, wimming pool." I like his little mop chop.
He has very talented Grandmas!
Post a Comment