February 26, 2009

sunny days

We went to Lake Murray last Saturday. I got to jog a little while Matt and Porter fed the ducks and collected shells. Porter has this new obsession with finding sticks, rocks, and little nuts and berries from trees. Anywhere we go, he just gets down and starts collecting things in the dirt. He's definitely a boy! We just got back from a little trip to the zoo with Brandy, Kristen and kids. I had never gone into the insect exhibit before and they have a few new things in there- bees and leaf-cutter ants. It was so amazing to see everything in there! They have a spider called the "bird-eating spider." Really, if it can eat birds imagine the size of it! I didn't even know that spiders that size existed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AW Porter is SO cute!!!! I miss my adorable nephew :( I miss you guys too!

Kristen said...

Those bees freaked me out, but not as much as the roaches! I kept thinking, "what if someone knocked over that bee house"... RUN!

TheGefrom5 said...

EEEWW! What if they got out?! That would be my worst nightmare. Porter is so handsome! It was great to see you and Kristen at RS. I'm glad you guys come, I hope you come to ALL the activities. :)

TheGefrom5 said...

And could you give Kristen a message for me? Tell her I dont' htink it is very fair that she gets to stalk me and my kids on blog, but I dont' get to oooh and awww at her and her little doll. What's up with that?!!! :D(I hope you know I am only teasing;D )