October 26, 2008

toiletries

Wendy has been working hard the past couple weeks preparing our Halloween costumes...and it paid off with a first place finish in the annual Wilde Halloween costume party. She made herself a tube of Crest toothpaste, an Oral-B toothbrush for me, and some mint dental floss for Porter. No cavities this Halloween! Porter actually kept his costume on longer than we thought he would, although he snapped his floss off his shoulder immediately after entering the house. Everyone else had great costumes as well, including a humble group of Hare Krishnas, the Last of the Mohicans and his squaw, a Greek goddess, Goose from Top Gun, Wonderwoman and Superman, and a cowboy and his cowgirl. Grandma made some great food and the desserts were great. Good thing we had our toothbrush and floss to go to work on all the sugar we ate! Before the party, Wendy, Porter and I took a day trip up to the mountains. We went to Julian and got some fresh apple cider. We had hoped to pick fresh apples and visit a pumpkin patch, but the apple orchard was closed and the pumpkin patch was picked over.

10 comments:

Jenna said...

Amazing job on making those costumes Wendy! They look great!

tracie said...

Those are awesome costumes. If only I was that creative.

Heather said...

Those costumes are AWESOME!! Porter looks adorable! Watch out...now I know how talented you are I might have to get Aunt Wendy to make something for us next year! ;)

tracie said...

Did you get 4 out of 5 votes?

Kasey said...

Those are awesome! Looks like fun!

Mandy said...

i LOVE your costumes. i wouldnt expect anything less from you guys!

heidi said...

Hey there girlfriend! Your costumes turned out so good! I am sure you had a blast wearing them. Seriously girl you are so talented!!! I'm glad we're friends.

Brandy said...

Great Costumes Wendy you guys look adorable. They were some awesome costumes at the party, looked like it was fun.

TheGefrom5 said...

So so so creative!! I love it! You are professional, weny! I am seriously impressed. You know what htis means? We definietly have to have a dress=up New Years Eve Party (Matt, Futuristic reunion?)and I will be expecting great things from you guys! :) Wouldn't that be fun, though? To get everyone together for a dress-up party that night?

The Krages said...

Wow! From not knowing what you wanted to be for Halloween to creating those mastertpieces...I am amazed...you are so creative! We should hang out soon! Hope all the Riley's are doing fantastic! Great work!