October 1, 2008

poor porter

Yesterday, I ran too many errands and Porter was more than excited when we got home. Matt happened to get home at the same time and Porter was excited to see him. We unloaded all of the groceries and homie was dancing in circles in the doorway to the kitchen. I went into his room to turn on a fan and he came running after me. He was running full speed and I heard him crash and knew immediately that it wouldn't be looking too good. He hit his head on the door jam. I picked him up and his forehead was already purple and swelling. It continued to swell for a few minutes until the goose egg went from his eye brows up to his hairline. I turned Elmo on to distract him (that's the only way I could calm him down). He wouldn't let me put ice on it. Here's what it looked like. It got more purple and swollen after this. We felt so bad for the little guy. I was checking his pupils and I think I went into his room about 8 times last night to make sure he was okay. This one was taken this morning. Macy was over on Saturday. Porter was sweet to her. We washed our cars the other day and Porter was having too much fun splashing around. We decided to empty his toy bucket and let him take a bath. He loved it. This is him saying "cheese". He usually says that when he sees a camera.

4 comments:

Troy said...

Poor kid, he looks like Jerry from Freshman year!

Anonymous said...

that is so sad, it looks so bad ha. the pictures that he's in the red bucket thing are so cute though, i love him :)
Erin

skt said...

Holy elephant man. That looks painful. You can see it in his eyes. I think that's the biggest goose egg I've ever seen.

Wendie said...

Poor Porter is right! Oh man!