September 9, 2008

words

Porter talks quite a bit and I've been meaning to jot down some of the words that he says just so I can remember them down the road. His most frequent words, spoken at least 20 times a day, are ball, baseball, basketball, book, and water (pronounced "ah-lo", also used for the word/name Olive). I won't include how all the words are pronounced or I'd be here all day. Some of the others include, mommy, daddy, baby, hi, hello, hop, eagle (Matt's trying to teach him to say "Go Eagles!"), pizza, grandma, grandpa, (he even said "great-grandpa" for Grandpa Konold today), hot, shoe, stinky, pew, cracker, hat, milk, bagel, cheese, no, walk, moon, Macy, Emily, up, down, cup, eat, rock, zoo, animal, splash, clock, snap (what the alligator says), whale, bye bye, nigh-night, people (he learned that one when I yelled it out at some folks on the freeway... luckily I only said "people"), outside, bee, tomato, apple, grape, beach, mail, beep-beep, flamingo, Elmo, bath, my-mine (the word for his blanket or pacifier)... the list goes on. I can't remember all of them... not to mention all of the animal sounds. If he doesn't know the animal sound or a motion the animal makes, he usually makes one up on the fly. He will try to say pretty much anything you ask him to. Matt and I took Porter on a walk to the park this evening with Kristen and Macy. Kristen was asking why I ever bought a slide for our yard while the park is so close. When we got there, there were two dogs who proceeded to jump all over me. There are signs that say, "Dogs must be on leash at all times." Matt found a wrapper of an unmentionable contraceptive in the sand under the play structure. We decided to stay on the grass and kick Porter's ball around. He was having a lot of fun until he slipped and his hand stuck in some hot stinky "mud!" No, not mud... dog crap!!! No wonder why the lady with the dogs left so quickly after we showed up. Porter sat there for a few seconds on the grass wondering what it was. He started smearing it in both of his hands and between his fingers and was fussing a little because it wasn't coming off. I rushed over and held his hands apart because the next place they were going was on his shirt. Matt grabbed some wipes and we got as much off as possible, while Porter was yelling "pew!" We went over to the drinking fountain and rinsed them well. The first place Porter's hands went after that was in his mouth (after he slapped me with his wet hands on my mouth because he wanted to get out of my arms to get the cap of a beer bottle off the ground)! We came straight home and put Porter in the bath. I think that short trip to the park answered Kristen's question. (Not to mention the fact that I sold the slide, after getting two months use out of it, for a profit.)
Macy is too cute and chubby. I love her rolls! It can get pretty dang hot in our house because there is no insulation. Porter likes to put his little blanket on the ground and lay on it. He moved everything out of this corner today to lay here. We had a nice visit with Grimps and Grims today.
Byron, Todd, Josh, Greg and I played in the Helix alumni water polo game this past Friday. We had a lot of fun. Especially when all 5 of us were in playing together. Chris was playing Mr. Mom that day because Kristen had to work. He came to the game anyway. I should have got a picture of him with Macy in the bjorn... it was pretty cute.
Future polo player.
There were a lot of fans there. I'm glad my Mom was there because she helped Matt chase Porter around. He wanted to jump in the water. He kept saying, "Ah-lo!"We took a trip to Fudds after (so I could gain back any calories that I may have burned + some).

4 comments:

Mandy said...

ok so much to comment on. here we go.
1. i miss porters little voice. he sure has become quite the chatterbox.
2. look at you playing waterpolo with all those boys. you are one tough mamma!
3. i about died reading about your park experiance. SICK! i am jealous you can actually go to the park without frying to death. its still too hot to be out during the day here, but at least hte evenings are cooling off.
4. im so glad you post pictures of macy. tell kristen to get her butt in gear and start her own blog.
5. your granparents are too cute, each on their own kick-A recliner. ;)

Julie said...

Matt--this is Julie from BYU. I've got a blog now :-) add me! juliedawson@blogspot.com You guys are freakin' sweet!

Troy said...

I didn't know you were a water polo player, Wendy. I think you are probably more athletic than Matt!!

TheGefrom5 said...

HI!! What a fun life you have! So many "Adventures" and fun things! I would have to second the motion on the park thing-you can't just go to ANY park...you never know...

I can't believe Porter is talking so much! What a smarty pants! Did Matt use him as a study-buddy for the bar?

And, lastly, I can't stand it! That water polo game looks like the greatest time ever! How fun was that?! And what great memories?! Thanks for sharing.And thanks for stoppin' by the ol' blog page, I was thinking about you guys too. We should get together soon! TAke care!!!