September 1, 2008

back to work

Matt had his first day of work today (Sept 2). Things went well. So far he has a nice corner office that he likes. (We'll see how long that lasts, they're still moving people around). It's right next door to Todd. I think Porter is going to miss having his dad around all of the time. He has turned into a "daddy's boy," if he wasn't already. It looks like he is cutting a few more teeth... they seem to come very slowly and painfully. He only has three so far. There are three more lumps bulging in his gums ready to cut through at any time. We took advantage of Matt's time off and last week we went to a few Padre games and took a trip to the Zoo and Wild Animal Park. We also took a few trips to the beach for a family reunion, a ward beach party, and a birthday party. The weather was quite nice all three times. It was fun having Matt around more. Porter and Brady kept themselves entertained for a while in this kayak. Grandma brought some bubbles that the little ones enjoyed. Porter likes playing peek-a-boo. In these pics, Matt was in the bathroom shaving and Porter was hiding from me. It was so cute how he was busting up laughing so I had to grab the camera. We went to Point Loma Seafoods yesterday. Matt and I were both craving it. It turned out being quite a party. My mom and dad came, Kristen, Chris, Macy and Greg. It was delicious as always and it was fun hanging out with everyone. Macy is getting fatter and fatter and she's a smiley little one. There was a huge seal at the end of the dock and Grandma Sherry took Porter to check it out. Uncle Greg with the tots. Porter tried to say Greg. I heard Dieg the first time. Then I think he said Geg. After, my m + d went with us to the tidepools. Porter had lots of fun splashing around and playing with all of the rocks. Last time Matt and I were at the tidepools in Point Loma was to take engagement photos almost 2 1/2 years ago. That passed by pretty quickly.
Happy Birthday to Grandpa Kirk on the 5th!!!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

COME VISIT ME!

Kristen said...

So cute Wondy, so cute!

Wendie said...

Wow! You guys have been busy. Looks like a lot of fun. Cute pictures with Greg. All the nieces and nephews love Uncle Greg!

heidi said...

That is one cute little boy you have there! I will call you soon, family stuff has been a little crazy!!!