July 11, 2008

beach celebration!

It only took me a week to post about the 4th of July: ) We went to the beach with lots of friends and family (I don't know why I say "and family" because my family are friends). It was foggy but actually nice because the sun wasn't so hot. We stayed until it got dark to watch fireworks but the tide kept coming up. We decided to move to higher ground. I grabbed a bunch of our stuff and Matt grabbed a few chairs and moved. He found a nice grassy area with a good view and set the chairs up. I set all of our stuff down and quickly sat in a chair so Porter could finish his bottle. A few minutes later Shelley came up to me and I turned around to talk to her and we smelled some nasty dog crap. I was thinking maybe Shelley stepped in some. The smell got worse and I couldn't handle it. I stood up and started to walk away but it took some extra effort to lift my left foot up... because it was stuck in a nasty large pile of dog crap! It stunk bad! We all had to move away from the pile. Luckily there was a hose near and I went and washed off. At least the fireworks and s'mores were good.
(Looks crowded but we were all together.)
Porter loved the fireworks!
My mom looks like she came from a different tribe with her tan and Olive looks like a 5 year old in this pic.
Matt was diligent enough to bring the books along.

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Looks like fun! It's good to see you on here! We would totally love to get together sometime! Are you back for good or just for visits?