skip to main |
skip to sidebar
get down and give me twenty...
You know it is time to update the blog when everyone starts bringing up the fact that you last posted when there was still leftover turkey and stuffing in the refrigerator. I never knew so many people were interested of pictures of Porter (we never take them of us anymore!). I feel like George Lucas must have felt when people started demanding Star Wars Episodes 1-3. So here goes...
Porter is eight months old and he is awesome. He generally sleeps through the night, he rarely spits up anymore, and he can actually play with you now. For the past several weeks he has been getting on his hands and toes in the push-up position. Sometimes he'll drop onto his knees and rock back and forth, but he is still working on learning how to crawl. Instead, he usually just rolls around to get where he wants to go. After we came back to Salt Lake City after Christmas I started rolling a soft ball to him while he was laying on his stomach. He would pounce on the ball when it got to him and he would clutch it in both hands. He was getting really good at it and he would even get faked out when I made the motion to roll the ball but held onto it. The game got even better a couple days ago when he started rolling the ball back to me. He still pounces on the ball, but instead of holding it in a death grip, he pushes it back to me. At first I thought it was just a reflex until he did it about thirty more times, and he always does it now. I guess he will be a catcher.
My parents got Porter this wooden horse for Christmas. He loves it. Although I still have to spot him when I saddle him up, he never falls and he enjoys rocking back and forth. Thanks mom and dad.
These last couple pictures are from last month. Although the picture of Porter grabbing the ornament off of Grandma Wilde's tree looks cute, it resulted in gold glitter on his face and, as always happens with glitter, it ended up everyone. As Conor says, glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts. I took this other picture after setting up our Christmas tree. Don't laugh, it had character. We brought it home and started putting it in the $10 tree stand we bought the previous year. Apparently one size did not fit all trees, so I ended up having to cut off part of the trunk to make it fit. I thought we had a saw, but alas, the only tool that worked was a small hatchet, resulting in small chips of pine raining down in our front room. I think there is still some behind the couch.
We are back in Utah for my last semester of law school. I am definitely ready to graduate and actually get paid for working hard rather than paying the state of Utah an absurd amount of money (plus interest) for the privilege of busting my butt the past few years. We'll be moving back to San Diego in early May so I can take the bar exam and begin working at the firm I was at last summer.
3 comments:
You had a much better plot line the George Lucas, but the surround sound and graphics go to Mr. Star Wars.
The tree looks nice, did you have an unveiling?
I cannot believe how big he is getting! He looks so proud to be on his little rocking horse! Crazy that he is trying to crawl. Cant wait until May and for more updates of course...
Hey how are you kids doing??? Just thought we'd drop you a line.
Post a Comment