October 29, 2011

Salt Lake

We took a little family road trip to Salt Lake City earlier this month. We went to a few sessions of conference. Thanks to Becky for watching the boys so Matt and I could attend one together! It was awesome. The boys were great travelers, except for Loch asking for a tic tac every 5 minutes. I made a backpack full of treats and activities for Porter. I ran out of time and couldn't make Loch a bag so I filled his backpack with treats. My mom contributed with a pirate puppet for Porter and a crocodile puppet for Loch. They loved them. Matt and Lindsay let us stay at their place the first and last night we were there. It was nice to visit with them! They have a beautiful house and Loch has been asking to go to "tee-tah'' every day since our trip because he really wants to play with their cat: ) While were were in Provo, we went to the Bean museum and saw all the animals. I love the doors (and especially the door knobs) on the Salt Lake Temple. We drove up the canyon to Silver Lake to walk around a bit. The boys enjoyed exploring. Loch fell off the trail into the marshy, foot-deep water about 5 minutes into the walk. His shorts were wet the rest of the time. They were pulling some funny faces for me. Porter found a cool caterpillar. We ate at Cafe Rio two or three times. I love that place. It was great having some family time together.

No comments: