August 12, 2007

our first post

Wendy and I have wanted to create a blog for awhile, so we finally decided to do it. We have family and friends all over the country and this will be a great way to keep them posted on everything occurring in our lives, especially as Porter keeps getting bigger and able to do new things. Lately he has been smiling a lot and he is beginning to figure out how to use his hands. He is sucking his thumb more and more each day.
We will be moving back to Salt Lake City on Friday. I have spent the summer working for a law firm in San Diego as a summer associate. I learned a great deal and was very impressed with the firm and the people who work there. We have to go back to Utah because I have one year left of law school, but we plan to move back to San Diego permanently after I graduate in the spring.
Wendy has been very busy since Porter was born nearly three months ago. Motherhood is definitely a full-time job, and by full-time I mean twenty-four hours a day. She has been so great and has developed a wonderful bond with Porter. I get my time with Wendy and Porter in the evenings and on the weekends, but now that I will be starting up a more flexible school schedule again I should be able to spend more time with them during the days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you think the chances are of getting together sometime this year before a permanent move to San Diego? Give us a call sometime.

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Hi Matt,
It's Rachel back from freshman year BYU days...I saw your blog off of Troy's blog (well, Facebook). Congrats on the new little one! Enjoy him--they grow fast...My little Logan will 1 is 2 weeks!